Monday, October 27, 2014

Social Media

So, I don't get out much. I'm not well, I'm broke, I'm actually an introvert, I'm a bit depressed, or all or none of the above. Social media has become my way of keeping in touch with my friends and family and the rest of the world.

Now, as much as I enjoy social media--facebook, message boards, etc.--I understand that it can be a minefield of hateful, hurtful opinionated people. Some folks seem to think the anonymity gives them the courage to say all the eejit things they might be thinking. That can be a problem for some. On one of the sports pages I hang out at there is a young person who posts who quite frankly has no business using social media--and if I knew how to reach his parents I would gladly teach them about parental controls.This young person is just not equipped to handle the eejits, and that is sad.

On the other hand, on this same sports page I have met and made friends with other like minded fans. We have moved from the page to a group. They are my buddies. 

So, the last few days I have been a bit down in the dumps, and haven't participated in the conversations. This morning, I am sitting here reading some stuff on facebook, and I get a message from one of my buddies. 

He is concerned because I have been quiet. How cool is that. We have a nice conversation and he makes me smile. Can't ask for much more out of any friend than that. 

So, this is for my Nascar buddy...

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.~~Jane Howard~~

We need others. We may at one time or other stick our noses in the air and sniff "That's OK, I don't need anyone else." But it's a lie, we know it's a lie when we say it, we only say it so that some other person is not allowed to see how badly they are hurting us by leaving us or rejecting us. But, the truth is we need others. We need some people just for a season, and that is OK. They may move into our lives and move out again. But we need others, because we have a need to be loved, but more importantly I think, we have a need to love.


Today, a 'stranger' on the internet made me feel loved and cared for, and for that I am truly grateful...and you can't continue to feel sorry for yourself when you are feeling grateful.

Thanks, B, you know I love ya!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment