Monday, October 1, 2018

Hello October





Dear October, please realize that September was just a meanie that hung around way too long and kicked our butts and we would like you to be especially nice to make up for it.



October? already? How did that happen? the end of summer. Good. Summer has been a bitch lately. In fact, it would not hurt my feelings if we just struck August and September from the calendar. They are hard months, the last couple of years.


September was hard,the computer is not working well,so I haven't been able to keep up with friends--I haven't been able to get onto facebook or blogspot,or any pages that required a password. Parts of the keyboard stopped working,and most of my passwords use letters from that side of the keyboard. But I have finally managed to make new passwords--and am actually pleased to note that many pages make that a difficult process--and for the first time ever am letting the computer keep the passwords for me.Typing is slow,I have to copy and paste some letters and numbers.Sigh...it is always something.



September was another month I ran out of money and had to tell my son we couldn't buy groceries because he needed medical supplies. But, he's a trouper, this is how that kind of conversation goes...



Me: It's hard the last week of the months some months. Sometimes it seems like it takes a while for the universe to provide.



Son: Did you tell the universe we have paypal?



Hey, you can get through anything when your kid makes you smile! We call these snippets of conversation Williamisms.



Being poor is hard work sometimes. No matter what anyone tells you (and I try to not pay attention) poor folks are not living like kings. We are managing as best we can, and we are scared to death most weeks that there will be an emergency. When something breaks, we learn to live without it. When the computer that is your lifeline to the outside world is on its last leg you hold your breath every day. Because that is what poor people do. We just tighten our belts until there is no more space for new notches.



But, it's OK, because there are far more important things in life than things and there are always reasons to smile.



So, even though we all struggle, there are always moments to share. The important things in life are always available. A son with a quick wit is everything.



So, bring it on October. Even if we have to choose whether to buy groceries or pay bills, even if we have to lay hands on the computer and pray it keeps going, we will always be able to find something to make us smile.



"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it.You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."~~Marjorie Pay Hinckley.



So, C'mon October! I am ready, I will greet you with a laugh and a smile.Be nice, because September just needs to leave, it's not nearly as lovely as you are.





Peace and Blessings,

EB




p.s. I dislike doing this but there is a paypal button over there, just in case. I told a friend who was embarrassed about asking for help that if we don't make our needs known how does anyone ever know we have needs. So, just as embarrassed, I am pointing out the button. Blessings.














No comments:

Post a Comment