Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Kindness of Strangers

And God  
said "Let there be heat..."


Well,not exactly God,it was actually Wendy  from the gas company...but I cried anyway.


A little back story...

We're poor.We juggle and struggle with keeping the  bills paid,and this summer they turned the gas off,major annoyance, but the air conditioning was more important,so we heated water on the stove and struggled on.

And then the electric company got crazy...but that's another story..suffice it to say we couldn't manage the money to get the gas turned back on.

And the calendar pages kept turning,and the season changing.We were getting to the time of year when heat is important,and still we struggled.

I have made myself sick stressing about it.If I don't pay the electric bill and eat ramen,I can still only come up wit about two thirds of the money to get it turned back on.

Then on Monday I got a notification that some had used the PayPal button on my blog...and it was the final third of the amount.

Now,someone I had never met had us on their heart,and it was the amount that made it possible to turn the gas back on.

The  appointment was made.As the week went on it ho

got colder every day.

The appointment window was 12-2,and by the time the lovely Wendy got here it ,1:50,I was stressed to the max. True story...just as she got here IT STARTED SNOWING!!

Thirty minutes later,the lovely Wendy said "Let there be heat..." And there was,and I cried.

One problem down!!

Of course,nothing is easy,and naturally something else went wrong this week.The 5 year old Chromebook laptop finally died yesterday.The electric bill didn't get paid,the grocery budget no longer exists.

But those are miracles for another day. As my son would say,remind the universe we have PayPal.

But for today,we continue to be blessed by the kindness of strangers and We Have Heat!!

Peace and Blessings,
EB

No comments:

Post a Comment